Is a ducted heat pump right for you?
The first thing to say is it’s worth giving us a call (866.827.5774). This is the easiest way to review options and make a recommendation for cooling your home – Should you consider a ducted heat pump, ductless heat pump, or central air conditioner? A call is a good place to start.
We generally recommend a ducted heat pump if:
- You’re interested in adding a cooling system;
- Your ductwork is in good condition;
- Your heating system is aging or highly inefficient.
An electric furnace and electric baseboard heater are 2 of the most inefficient, expensive ways to heat your home. Upgrading either of those systems to a heat pump will save a fair amount on your monthly heating bills. Gas furnaces cost less to operate than electric furnaces, but their designed lifespan is about 15 years. If your gas furnace is getting older, you should consider a ducted heat pump as an alternative to installing central AC, then waiting for your furnace to fail.
why the Mitsubishi MVZ-A?
We find that the Mitsubishi MVZ-A ducted heat pump works well for a majority of clients in Portland and Central Oregon. There are at least a couple things that set the MVZ-A apart:
- It’s reliably energy efficient: Mitsubishi Electric has an outstanding reputation for quality and durability. With proper maintenance, a Mitsubishi MVZ-A ducted heat pump will perform for more than 20 years. What’s more, each has an ENERGY STAR certification as one of the most efficient systems on the market.
- Delivers clean air for your home: The MVZ-A comes with a blue-enzyme anti-allergen filter, which reduces germs, bacteria, and viruses in the air that you breath at home. It also helps to trap dust, pollens, mites, and other particles that plague those with allergies.